7515 South Main Street, Suite 240
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 791-9966
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Acne can be a concern at many ages and can be difficult to treat without proper guidance from a professional. At DermSurgery Associates, we provide treatment for those with acne and oily skin and make recommendations for helpful products and solutions. Often, we recommend a combination of topical products, oral antibiotics, Accutane, and light therapy for effective acne treatment at our Greater Houston, TX, locations.
Our professionals are happy to help you achieve clear, healthy skin. Our skincare specialists, aestheticians, and board-certified dermatologists use their extensive experience to create custom treatment plans designed to achieve real results.
Which Acne Treatment Is Right for Me?
Our dermatologists know acne treatment is highly personal. They customize every treatment plan to address each patient’s individual needs and goals. Treatments and approaches they may recommend for you include:
- Topical products: It can be difficult to know which ingredients to look for or avoid when you’re choosing cleansers, moisturizers, or spot treatments on your own. Products hand-selected for you by board-certified dermatologists, however, contain everything your skin needs to become clear and healthy. These may include topical retinoids or products containing benzoyl peroxide and other bacteria-fighting ingredients.
- Oral antibiotics: Sometimes used in combination with topical products, oral medications can reduce bacteria and fight inflammation. Tetracycline is among the most popular and effective, but your dermatologist will make a personalized recommendation based on your concerns.
- Accutane: This retinoid medication, also known as isotretinoin, reduces sebum production to treat severe cystic acne that has not responded to other treatments.
Which Light & Laser Treatments Work for Acne?
Laser treatments that limit bacteria and oil production can play an integral role in treating acne and healing the skin once it has subsided. A few of the most effective include:
- AviClear™: This laser acne treatment uses light energy to suppress overactive sebaceous glands and limit the excess oil production often responsible for breakouts.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL): The powerful flashes of light delivered in this treatment even out redness and pigmentation issues caused by acne, encourage the skin to generate collagen, and address acne-causing bacteria.
- V-Beam Perfecta® Cynergy: This pulsed-dye laser and others like it target red pigmentation in the skin and break down sebaceous glands, limiting oil production that can lead to inflammatory acne.
- LED Therapy: Blue light targets oil glands and acne-causing bacteria in the skin, while red light promotes healing below the surface.
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT): A more aggressive spin on LED therapy, this approach requires pre-treatment with a photosensitizer to break down oil glands and bacteria more powerfully.
Lasers can also be highly effective for treating acne scars.
Are There Other Treatments for Acne?
At your consultation, your provider will discuss other options, including facial treatments such as HydraFacials®, to help create a comprehensive treatment plan that will work for you.
If you would like to learn more about acne treatment, please call one of our specialists at a location near you.
Acne Treatment Locations Near You
High-quality skin care is never far away. Call a convenient location near you to request an appointment.