6700 W. Loop South, Suite 500
Bellaire, TX 77401
Phone: (713) 791-9966
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
For our patients’ safety and convenience, we offer virtual dermatology consultations across many of our Greater Houston, TX, locations. Telemedicine appointments are an easy, accessible way to stay in touch with your dermatologist from the comfort of your home. Gain peace of mind with the opportunity to discuss symptoms with our experienced doctors and receive helpful medical advice. Our highly trained staff is here to help you every step of the way and give you the attentive care you deserve.
All you need for a virtual consultation is an iPhone (iOS12 and above) or an Android device (v. 7.0 and above). If you would like to request your first appointment, follow these 4 steps:
- Express your interest in a virtual consultation using our online form or call your preferred office by phone.
- Our staff will create a secure account for you in our patient portal and send you a confirmation email once it is ready.
- After you receive your confirmation email, click the provided link. This link will redirect you to your phone’s App Store, where you can download the PocketPatient™ app.
- Once you have downloaded the app, make an account and begin filling out your user information. You can request a virtual consultation within the app at your earliest convenience.
Your PocketPatient App
The PocketPatient app allows you to contact your dermatologist and manage your personal information with ease. You can view and request appointments, send messages to staff, and adjust your health history as needed.
Minimize the risk of exposure and eliminate commute time by visiting your doctor virtually. Many established patients use the video platform for wound checks, acne visits, skin lesions, rashes, and more.
To request a virtual consultation, click “Request Visit” on the home page of your PocketPatient app. When your doctor is ready for your appointment, you will receive a notification and can select “Join the Video Visit” to launch audio and video chat.
Tired of scheduling an entire appointment just for a prescription refill? You can now have prescriptions ordered or reviewed without an in-person office visit. Add or edit existing pharmacies to pick up your medicine at your preferred location.
Manage Your Personal Information
Add or update your past medical, social, or family history within the “My Health” section of the app. You can also add allergies, view pending test results, and directly message staff with any concerns or questions.
Preparing for Your Virtual Consultation
You can expect your virtual consultation to take around 30 to 45 minutes. For the best possible experience, consider some of these tips before your meeting begins:
- Sit in a secure, brightly lit room to improve video quality and minimize interruptions.
- As appropriate, wear a robe or a piece of loose-fitting clothing so you can easily show the doctor your treatment area.
- Consider using a device with a larger screen, such as an Apple or Android tablet, to make conversation easier.
Ready to Begin?
DermSurgery Associates is proud to serve Houston-area patients both in-office and online. If you’re looking for a board-certified dermatologist or would like to learn more about your treatment options, request a consultation or call our main office at (713) 791-9966.