6700 W. Loop South, Suite 500
Bellaire, TX 77401
Phone: (713) 791-9966
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
If you struggle with eczema, you know how irritating it can be and how difficult it can be to effectively treat. Our team of board-certified dermatologists often recommends multiple approaches for optimal eczema treatment at our Greater Houston, TX, locations.
What Is Eczema?
Eczema is a skin condition that involves various combinations of symptoms such as itching, redness, dryness, inflammation, and swelling. It may be chronic or caused by environmental factors.
There are several different types of eczema, including:
- Atopic dermatitis: Chronic redness, dryness, and inflammation.
- Contact dermatitis: Burning, itching, or dryness caused by contact with irritants.
- Dyshidrotic eczema: Small, itchy blisters primarily on the hands and feet.
- Nummular eczema: Itchy, coin-shaped spots thought to be triggered by outside factors.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: Red, flaky, and scaly skin primarily around oil-producing glands.
- Stasis dermatitis: Swelling and itchiness caused by pressure and circulation issues.
What Are My Options for Eczema Treatment?
Our dermatologists often recommend a combination of topical and oral steroids and antihistamines, though treatments may vary depending on the type of eczema bring treated. At your consultation, your provider will discuss all treatment options with you and provide suggestions for products that may be helpful in relieving your symptoms.
Our dermatology team understands and specializes in treating a wide variety of skin conditions, including multiple forms of eczema. When you visit DermSurgery Associates, you can rest assured you will receive the best possible care and guidance as you seek solutions to your unique concerns.
To learn more about your options for treating eczema, please contact one of our specialists at a location near you.
Eczema Treatment Locations Near You
High-quality skin care is never far away. Call a convenient location near you to request an appointment.